Thursday, December 10, 2020

Kiddie Bags

Are you sewing frantically to finish Christmas gift projects, too?  I decided to sew several bags for a friend's grandkids who are facing their first Christmas without their mother (may she rest in peace). After finding out their favorite colors and searching through lots of free patterns online, I finished up these last night.  Late, late last night.

The boxy zippered pouch is from Leslie Rutland at the seasonedhomemaker.  You have to very carefully follow the directions, and there are lots of corners to square off, but it turned out really nice. This one will probably end up carrying Legos around.

The purple purse is from 7layerstudio.  I opted for smaller pleats and it was a good thing I did because following the original pattern would have made the top opening too narrow to fit around my sewing machine "cuff" (after pulling off the accessory section).  This cute little purse is just right to hold lip gloss and a small doll.

The pink drawstring bag pattern is from a tutorial by Jenni Baker at incolororder. It was the easiest to make. The drawstrings were the most tedious part to sew, but worth it. Especially because I could not find any twill tape in my stash. The bag is big enough to hold a medium-sized babydoll and her bottle.

1 comment: