Tuesday, February 1, 2022

Heading Home is Finished

 Announcing my first finish of 2022 - Heading Home!

This little quilt was my obsession two years ago. I had a jelly roll from Connecting Threads in bright colors, and found several complementary scraps to make this quilt. It came together rather quickly, but the quilting pattern eluded me. 

There were several helpful hints on quilting blogs and YouTube. My favorite tip was to use heavier quilting in areas you want to recede in the background and lighter quilting on areas you want to highlight. I wanted the flying geese to "fly" and the sashing to frame the lines of geese. I sketched FMQ motifs that I was comfortable sewing and used angular echoing to highlight the geometric design. Voila! I had a design! Then I 'spread my wings' (flying geese theme) by doing a different design in each polka-dot square. I'm really proud of how it turned out.


Next up is the Flying Flags quilt that one commentor recommended in my last post. It was sandwiched on Sunday. It will be quilted in light teal thread in a wavy, star-studded motif.  I think.....

2 comments: