Sunday, August 23, 2020

Visit my neighborhood

Welcome to my neighborhood! In 2016 Moda published a free pattern "Be My Neighbor". It's a fun and easy collection of 16 big blocks. It was so much fun to make! Now the quilting part begins. The windows will get drapes or blinds or a couple doors. The rooftops will be striped tin, scalloped tile, or shingles. The cream background will have gentle wavy breezes and clouds.

Making this quilt was a stress reliever over the past couple weeks. We closed on our new property a few days ago and are in the process of moving. I haven't even touched my sewing room yet. I shudder to think about packing those overflowing scrap bins.

Want to see a glimpse of the new place?  I'm so in love!



Linking up to #MCMQuilts (Main Crush Monday), #SlowSundayStitching, #MondayMaking and #TogetherWeQuilt (Connecting Threads hashtag), #ModaBeMyNeighbor.

7 comments:

  1. Congrats on an awesome new place! Looks like your quilt will fit right in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG!!! Look at that water feature... Beautiful, Sandy! I'm interested to hear more about what (if anything) is above the garage. Your sewing room, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Moving is H-E-double-hockey-sticks! Your new house is so lovely and looks like a quilt retreat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house quilt is such a fun one! I love that there are birds and flowers and even a boat to look at, as well as charming houses. Your quilting plans sound fabulous, and now you'll have a perfect place to use it, just as soon as you get the boxes packed and unpacked. That veranda will be a perfect place to sew down the binding. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your quilt is absolutely precious, best wishes for settling in to your cozy cabin in the woods! ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful new house, and I just LOVE your Neighbourhood quilt. (Can’t believe it was a free pattern). Well done!

    ReplyDelete