Saturday, April 25, 2020

Heading Home Flimsy Finished

The flimsy for "Heading Home" by Kate Henderson from her book "Striking Strip Quilts" is finished! I used 2.5 inch strips from Connecting Threads fabric line Cascade Meadows, along with a pack of plain white 2.5 inch strips and a few scraps from my stash for variety.

This pattern was well written and super easy, in spite of all those flying geese. It was the flying geese that got my attention. I needed to work on my accuracy and thought this pattern was perfect for it.  I had just enough dotted black/white left in my stash to finish this quilt.  The backing will be a light peach trellis pattern from the same Cascade Meadows line.

Some of the Cascade Meadows fabrics snuck into my Awesome Land quilt. The leftover strips will become a scrappy binding for Heading Home.


Surprisingly, this quilt is rather small, just 52x52 inches. The five main blocks are 16 inches, with several partial blocks for the on point layout.  Some points were lost in the making of this quilt. Just a few....

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous!! Congrats on getting this quilt top completed, Sandy.

    ReplyDelete