Sunday, February 23, 2020

‘Tis Awesome

Check out the progress on Awesome Land. I am obsessed with this pattern! But I think Sue Hoover, mentioned in my last post, has the right idea of using a constant black polka dot for the monkey wrench pieces. I chose to use up my black scraps and am finding it’s a big pain to lay out the blocks so that the black sets for each monkey wrench are together. The whole quilt is completely scrappy. It feels good to use up my scraps!


Here’s a tip I read somewhere: use a cheap flannel-backed vinyl tablecloth for a design wall. It works very well. Mine is hung over a bookshelf. When assembled rows or columns get too heavy for the flannel to cling, just pin it to the tablecloth. You don't have to worry about holes in the wall or fiberboard. When the tablecloth vinyl gets too holey, just toss it in the trash and spend $3 for a new one.

2 comments:

  1. Your version of Awesome Land is... well, AWESOME!! I absolutely LOVE all of the scrappy goodness you've got going on. I wouldn't change a thing about it! A single black throughout the quilt wouldn't be half as cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven’t seen that pattern before, but I really like it! And the scrap pier, the better!

    ReplyDelete