Monday, February 4, 2019

Sunshine a plenty

February's RSC color per Angela is YELLOW. That means I am digging through my yellow & gold scraps to make several blocks for the my RSC projects. The last time I pulled yellow scraps, I made this for my daughter:

Yellow makes me think of spring.  This week is projected to be much warmer than last week here in the south. That makes me so happy!  <singing "I've got a pocket, got a pocket full of sunshine">

I am happy to announce I finished the quilting on Irish Star Chain, the first I did with my new mid-arm, and will bind it this week. Then I can plug that finish into my 2019 page (and update the picture).  Next up should be Arcadian Chain (Patty Cake/Irish Chainish), but I really want to work on the Stormy Skies, the grey/teal/yellow quilt that is already sandwiched and ready to go.

Beth Hertler of evapaigedesigns announced her new mystery quilt - Highland Fling - dedicated to us fans of Diana Galbaldon's Outlander series. Of course I have to participate! I have been a fan for more than 20 years, when I found her first Outlander novel at a bookstore innocently waiting for me to thumb through and become engrossed. For a small fee, you can jump in on the fun here. I dug through my scraps last week and decided I need to either use white as my background or shop for a light grey. Even if you do not want to do another mystery quilt, check out Beth's unique accordian triangle trick. It's a great way to mix colors for half square triangles.



1 comment:

  1. Congrats! on your new mid-arm. Looking forward to seeing the quilting you added to Irish Star Chain. Hope you are having SEW much fun!

    ReplyDelete