Monday, February 18, 2019

February Love

Hello!  There has been slow but steady progress in February on my various quilting projects.

It is always fun to announce a finish. This is my first finish for 2019 - Irish Star Chain. It's also my first project quilted with my new midarm.  My hubby and I have already snuggled under it watching television one evening. I'm so pleased with how it looks - even my quilting!


April Showers (the 54 degree grey/yellow/teal quilt) is under the midarm needle and about halfway done.. I hope to finish that one next week.

This weekend I finished the Out of This World block and my yellow RSC blocks for February

Then I began working on Highland Fling, evapaigedesign's mystery quilt. After a quick Facebook consult on background color choices (most quilters preferred white for contrast against my brights), I finished all the cutting and began sewing. Now I feel like I have a million half-square triangles to trim. This will be a quick project. Just two more weekly clues and it's done.  I can't wait to see what all these pieces turn into. And this one is all from my stash, even the background!

If you try the accordian trick to make a wide variety of half-square triangles, be sure to have a leader-ender project at hand. I was able to make six Lady of the Lake blocks while making my first set of accordians for Highland Fling.


What's next?  According to my quilting plan spreadsheet, I need to add borders to Acadian Mist and make more units for En Provence over the next two weeks.  Maybe I need to shoot for that 20-minutes-a-day goal so many of you are trying. Some evenings after work and dinner I just want sit and relax. That's probably the best time for some quilt therapy.

Have you been making progress on your 2019 quilting goals, too?




4 comments:

  1. Love your Irish Star Chain quilt, so charming, did you buy the Juki machine for quilting you wrote about? very nice work! Happy Sewing and Flying!! from Iowa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the Juki midarm was a Christmas present from my hubby this past holiday. I am still learning its various quirks but am so proud of finishing my first quilting project on it.

      Delete
  2. Goodness, you've been busy!! It appears that you and your new midarm machine have become fast friends. Your quilt turned out beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Green is my very favorite color. Your quilt is lovely.

    ReplyDelete