Sunday, May 10, 2020

Happy Mothers Day

Even though my daughter woke me at 6:15am (!!!), calling during her drive to work to wish me a Happy Mother's Day, my husband rescued the morning by bringing me breakfast in bed. What a treat from both! And later another treat arrived!


It was a gorgeous sunny day here in South Carolina. I enjoyed the pretty view while puttering around the house and spending a few hours in the sewing room. Double Delight is progressing more than I thought I could achieve in just two weeks. There are only 10 more "rolling stone" blocks left to make!!!!

I have enough of one pink fabric for all the side and corner triangles so no worrying about matching pink hues. I'm not completely sure about the border, though. So many quilters have sewn this pattern with alternative border designs. More piecing or simple brown border?  At least there are 1.5 yards left of this gorgeous fabric used as the constant brown.

Will the quilting productivity continue?  Only one more week before I return to the office full-time. The countdown is on.....

Hope you are having a fun Sunday!

3 comments:

  1. Glad to hear that you had a wonderful Mother's Day, Sandy. Nice progress on Double Delight! Here's hoping you make lots more progress this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great, if early start to Mothers Day! Great progress on your quilt. Lets hope this coming week is as productive.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on your double delights and what a super start to your Mother's Day. Here's to one last fabulous week, hope it's productive. Next I hope you have a smooth transition back to reality! *wink*

    ReplyDelete