Thursday, October 31, 2019

My First Quilt Show Ribbons

OMG! I am jumping for joy to learn that all four quilts I entered in my local quilt guild's show were award winners!  Maybe my quilting doesn't suck after all!

Jamestown Landing won a FIRST place ribbon for bed quilt/pieced/duet made.  I pieced for YEARS and Cindy Carey of North Star Longarm Quilting finished it with some marvelous quilting.

Mesa Valley won SECOND place for bed quilt/pieced/duet made. One of my Fat Quarter Shop Sew Sampler boxes included lovely Tula Pink fabrics and a modern Aztec-y quilt pattern. Rather than using stark white, I chose a light sand background. I handed it to Patty Lennon and told her to design something modern to highlight the design and fabrics. She came up with a crescendo-angled design which is a bit reminiscent of crop circles that totally made this quilt sing!

One Fish Two Fish placed SECOND in the show theme category. It is one of my first quilts, and was made for my daughter to take to college. The pattern uses "Mary's Triangles" in various scraps on a deep blue background which look like fish swimming through the ocean. The quilt title is from one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books. My daughter and I selected fabrics with rainbows, cats, zebra strips, red prints, blue prints, and a dinosaur print.

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star is a baby quilt which placed THIRD in the lap quilt/pieced/single maker category. I had fun incorporating scraps from my other quilts and clothes I had sewn for my daughter (remember that green daisy dress?). I had made it as a gift but could not bear to part with it because of all the memories those scraps represented. It will be held for a future grandchild.

They like me! They really like me! <grin>

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your ribbons! Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your ribbon news is SEW exciting!!! Congratulations!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! They are all awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness...congratulations on that array of award winning quilts. I'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete