Monday, September 2, 2019

September Song

September is my favorite month!  The days are usually a bit cooler (not seeing that right now in the southeast) and the trees begin turning color. Plus it's my birthday month. 

On the last day of August, I finished my light blue blocks -- just in time. And the next day I finished my purple RSC blocks.  

Today I assembled one of my RSC projects. "Spotted" is the working title for this cute little quilt. The colors are so vibrant against the black and white.  

I even lined up the various thread colors. My plan is to quilt a swirl in each color "spot" in matching color thread, round out the black spikes in black thread, and use white to echo quilt around the big spots.  But first I need to find backing fabric. It would be really fun to find large black/white dotted swiss.

The other RSC project is ready for its oversized star in the middle. And it needs backing fabric, probably the same as "Spotted".


"A Formal Affair" is somewhat stalled. I made 10 more blocks and laid them out to see how it looked. Looks like I need at least 8 more blocks to obtain the 'right' size to my eyes. Gotta dig deep in the stash to find more geometric non-floral prints in the same maroon, navy, aqua and gray shades. 

So far the first two days of September has been fruitful. Hopefully you have made progress on your projects, too!

1 comment:

  1. PURPLE blocks, border bits at the ready, AND a completed RSC top? Congratulations!!! (And have a happy birthday, too.)

    ReplyDelete