Monday, April 15, 2019

April Showers

Hello from the land of the Master's golf tournament. Yes, I live near Augusta, Georgia. This past week I avoided going out to dinner, not just because of my trying-to-be-keto diet but because all the local restaurants were packed with golf enthusiasts. Personally I prefer golf to be miniature.

Staying home gave me a chance to catch up with sewing. Over the past couple of weeks, I followed a whim to sew fabric grocery sacks. A quick web search yielded lots of patterns and tutorials. I printed three and decided to try two of them. My favorite was the simplest one. And being me, I added a few improvements. While making the last couple of bags, I took lots of pictures with the idea of creating a tutorial. Soon. Those of you who have written a tutorial have my respect and appreciation. Time for me to give back to my five or so readers (lol).

The grocery sacks were tested recently and I am so proud of them!
Below is one I made from the other pattern. There was some extra fabric left, so I made a little zippered pouch to go with the bag. This set was gifted to my favorite sister-in-law.

After the shopping bag diversion, I finally got back to quilting the gray, yellow and teal quilt dubbed "April Showers".  Fittingly, it was raining when I put the last stitch in and quickly sewed on the binding.  It still needs quilting threads knotted and clipped, but I can at least see the finish on the horizon.  No pics until I finish it!

Which quilt should be next under the Juki mid-arm?  Patty Cake, In the 'Hood, or Farmers Daughter Stars?

2 comments:

  1. Love, love, LOVE your new grocery bag (and the fact that you gave the set to your favorite SIL!!!) I'm looking forward to seeing your newly completed quilt. Well... when it's done. Stitch FASTER!!! :o))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am still amazed at how you are able to keep your manicure pretty. When I hand-sew the binding, I am always scratching my left thumbnail (pushing down the needle into fabric with the thimble. Maybe I need a thumb thimble --- say that one three times fast.

      Delete