Sunday, February 25, 2018

Rip It Off

Have you ever had one of those projects where it feels like your seam ripper gets more of a workout than your sewing machine?  It feels like I have sewn every seam twice. I'm not sure why I am struggling so much.  At least the results are beautiful so it feels worth the effort.

Here is what I am working on - RSC (Rainbow Scrap Challenge) circa 2015. This is a free project designed by Angela at superscrappy.blogspot.com (LINK).


I started out strong in 2015, finishing three months of blocks, then stalled out for some unknown reason.  Probably because I ran out of white and while waiting for my online fabric order I got distracted with another quilt.

In my grand scheme to clear out some UFOs this year, I created a schedule of which projects to finish or work on each month. Well, I am already deviating from the plan. RSC15 was supposed to be May through September. But that's okay.  You gotta do it when the mood strikes because this is supposed to be FUN!

My variation on this pattern is to use solids for the star points and grid, with scraps for the centers of the star blocks and of the grid blocks.  Here are a few close ups of my favorites.


Have you made the RSC15?  And are you working on RSC18, same as me?  Bonus points: do you recognize the source of most of the prints in my quilt? My favorite online store.....

1 comment:

  1. Oh, cool!! I absolutely LOVE your version of the RSC15 Sampler Quilt!!! I am supposed to be working on that quilt this year, too. Alas, my plan has failed me. I got bitten by a basket making bug and I can't seem to stop, so it's baskets in every color of the rainbow!!!

    ReplyDelete