Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Slow and Steady Wins the Race

"Slow and steady wins the race".  It's like a mantra I have to keep repeating, reminding me that a quilt is a collection of blocks of time, not just a collection of fabric blocks.  In the past two weeks I have added to the Blueberry Hill / Jamestown Landing quilt and around 14 blocks for king-size Celtic Solstice.  I have also made four blocks for Block Lotto's March drawing. My fingers are crossed in hopes that I win some blocks this month.

Next I will be making a lunch bag as a gift for my sister-in-law, tweaking the design to make it a bit bigger and improve on the version I made for myself.  I also bought a tote bag kit from Connecting Threads to make another gift which I will not describe yet because the intended recipient follows this blog. 

I highly recommend Soft-and-Stable to give structure to bags. My first package of S-S (18 x 58 inches) went fast; I was able to line two lunch bags and one side of a larger tote bag and have just a 3 x 20 piece left over.  It is a thin foam with just the right blend of flexibility and stiffness.


No comments:

Post a Comment