My word of the year is Beauty - finding it, appreciating it, sharing it.
As for the quilting UFOs, it's time to finish them so I can enjoy their beauty.
UFO list for 2017:
1. Grand Illusion, a Bonnie Hunter mystery from 2014. blocks made; need to assemble
2. En Provence, a Bonnie Hunter mystery from 2016. progressing
3. Red Cross, started in 2013. Just a bit more FMQ to do.
4. 1860's Revival, started in 2013.
5. String Quilt, started in 2016
6. Colorado Sunshine, Bonnie Hunter's Floribunda pattern, started in 2012.
7. Blueberry Hill, Bonnie Hunter's Jamestown Landing pattern, started in 2013. ready to add borders
And if I can get to those, maybe I might make more progress on my 2015 Rainbow Scrap quilt and an old red/white disappearing 4-patch.
As for new quilts, they sometimes rise up and demand to be made. Right now I am considering a plaid/solid Moth in the Window pattern.
June Update: Started on Bonnie Hunter's Garden Party quilt. Collecting more reds for eventually beginning her Old Tobacco Road pattern (with a patriotic red/white/blue theme) and sewing more disappearing 4-patch blocks. Collecting more plaids for Moth in the Window. Finished 4 huge blocks for En Provence (5 more to go for my lap size version). On the final steps of Jamestown Landing and Grand Illusion. Started "In the 'Hood" mystery quilt.