As for the quilting UFOs, it's time to finish them so I can enjoy their beauty.
UFO list for 2017:1. Grand Illusion, a Bonnie Hunter mystery from 2014. blocks made; need to assemble
2. En Provence, a Bonnie Hunter mystery from 2016. 6 blocks made; need 6 more
3. Red Cross, started in 2013. Just a bit more FMQ to do.
4. 1860's Revival, started in 2013. Revising plan for diagonal sashing
5. String Quilt, started in 2016
6. Colorado Sunshine, Bonnie Hunter's Floribunda pattern, started in 2012. Ready to assemble
7. Blueberry Hill, Bonnie Hunter's Jamestown Landing pattern, started in 2013. Ready to bind!
And if I can get to those, maybe I might make more progress on my 2015 Rainbow Scrap quilt and an old red/white disappearing 4-patch.
As for new quilts, they sometimes rise up and demand to be made. Right now I am considering a plaid/solid Moth in the Window pattern.
June Update: Started on Bonnie Hunter's Garden Party quilt. Collecting more reds for eventually beginning her Old Tobacco Road pattern (with a patriotic red/white/blue theme) and sewing more disappearing 4-patch blocks. Collecting more plaids for Moth in the Window. Finished 4 huge blocks for En Provence (5 more to go for my lap size version). On the final steps of Jamestown Landing and Grand Illusion. Started "In the 'Hood" mystery quilt.
July Update: Actively working on En Provence quilt which now has six blocks and I decided to make six more. Started two mystery quilts - In the 'Hood and Military A6. Need to do final assembly of Jamestown Landing and Grand Illusion. Made a patriotic table runner which is ready to quilt.
August Update: Flimsy assembled for mystery quilts In the 'Hood and Military A6 (Big Star Country). Baby quilt (Super Star) ready to be quilted. Made 2 test Sugar Bowl blocks. Labeled nine quilts. Attached hanging sleeves to two quilts for upcoming quilt show. Ordered fabric for 1860's Revival diagonal sashing. Started on Kevin's Sapphire Stars mystery quilt and Meadow Mist's Magnolia mystery quilt.
December Update: Stalled out on Sapphire Stars while finishing other projects. Meadow Mist Design's Magnolia mystery quilt is in the midst of assembly, then will be sent off with Big Star Country for longarming. I think I will keep In the 'Hood for my own FMQ effort. Made 10 hot pads---2 Thanksgiving turkeys, 3 Christmas trees, 3 big fish, 1 cat and one dachshund.
New Quilts for 2017:1. Military A6 / Big Star Country mystery quilt by Alycia "Quilty Girl".
2. In the 'Hood mystery quilt by Beth Hertler of EvaPaige Quilt Designs.
5. Magnolia mystery quilt by Meadow Mist Designs
6. Hot pads galore
7. Two table runners