Saturday, May 19, 2018

Royal Morning

Like nearly every woman around the world, I watched the royal wedding this morning. Lady Di's baby boy got married!  I still remember the incredible wedding of Lady Diana and Prince Charles, and yes, Prince William and Kate's wedding where her sister Pippa got so much attention. Today Harry and Meghan had their own gorgeous wedding, filled with touching moments and surprising aspects.  A gospel choir? Wow!  And I definitely enjoyed the musical interludes such as that 19-year-old who played cello after the vows were exchanged. I cried right along with Meghan's mother, imagining my own little girl in her future wedding. Great pics in this article.

Then after doing some housecleaning chores, it was time to sew.  I finished the cutest little baby quilt made solely from my stash. Each square has a story and most of these fabrics are in other quilts I have made or play clothes made for my little girl (who is now 21 - lol).  Pattern is a tutorial from, fittingly, Wedding Dress Blue.

On a higher note, my hubby and I flew my little airplane to Savannah last Saturday. We had a great time walking around the historical district. The night before our flight, we watched "Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil" for another perspective on Savannah. Of course, we had to walk through Chippewa Square, the park featured in "Forrest Gump".  And a Forrest lookalike was sitting on a park bench as we walked by.  We saw Juliette Gordon Low's house, the Mercer Williams house from "Midnight...", and the Owens-Thomas house. No we did not tour any of them because the entrance fees were way too high.  After lunch we walked by the water for a bit then drove around the old Bonaventure Cemetery and Forsythe Square.  Soon it was time to head back to the airport.  Late afternoon rain showers delayed our departure a bit.  That's what happens when flying in the summer time.  Once up in the air, we passed a dark storm cell which I later found out dropped large hailstones in Augusta, Georgia.  As we lined up with the runway at home, we were greeted with this lovely rainbow.

4 comments:

  1. LOVE your quilt from that Wedding Dress Blue pattern!! Nothing better than a quilt from your scrappy stash.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was super easy and lots of fun to dig out all those scraps.

      Delete
  2. Hey Sandy! Beautiful quilt! And I lived your story about visiting Savannah. We went there several years ago (wow! 10 to be exact!) and just love touring the Savannah historical district.
    I miss you all! Rhonda

    ReplyDelete