Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Catching Up

Hello again!  I had not realized how long it had been since my last blog post. Wow, time does fly quickly (hah - "fly").  Given our household move and work taking so much of my time, I obviously have not done much quilting. The turtles I found at a nearby park represent my SLOW progress!

Although.....I did visit a couple quilt guilds in my area. The one to the east boasts of having Bonnie Hunter as a former member.  It seems to be a pretty large guild and I will probably join at the next monthly meeting. The guild nearest me was definitely more 'approachable' in that the group meeting that night was smaller and every member talked with me and made me feel welcome. They meet weekly, more like a quilting bee for most weeks, with each member hand-sewing on a current project as we chat.  Maybe this way I can finish binding "Marigold Field" and attach labels to my quilts.  Maybe that's what I need to quick-start my work on all those UFOs.

Speaking of UFOs, I did find some more greens and purples to augment the En Provence stash. It's slow going and I've lost the momentum. I am opting to make the quilt a bit smaller, just nine of those blocks, so I can move on to another quilt that has my eye--"Points of Interest" designed by Jo Kramer and Kelli Hanken of Jo's Country Junction. I love, love, love the block and 1930s border!  I might have already ordered all the fabric to make it, including the backing. It's calling to me and I am trying really hard to resist.

Now that the weather is warming up quickly, I have also turned my attention to the installation of a swimming pool. My hubby and I made a deal. If we were planning to live in this hot, hot southeast countryside, I get to have a pool. We found a local company with a great reputation. The project has been going on for about 10 workdays and today we began filling the new pool with water. I'm SO excited!

As for flying, my last post mentioned the engine problems on my flight south. I asked the airport mechanic to check out my airplane. Seems that we had a bad spark plug. After replacing the plug, we flew a few times then suddenly the airplane wouldn't start. Maybe the battery is getting old?  We charged the battery and it still didn't help. So we replaced the battery and now 90Bravo is humming smoothly.  I cannot wait to get back in the air and explore again!



1 comment:

  1. That was a good deal! There isn't enough fabric or machines made to get me to live somewhere hot again. Have fun with your pool!

    ReplyDelete