Thursday, May 14, 2015

Walking and walking

I am a quilt addict and I have regressed. <sigh> I started a new quilt. It's the Botany Bay pattern using Windham Fabrics new line "Hidden Cove".  My daughter wants another quilt for college.  [THREE quilts isn't enough; she needs another one?]  This fabric line has the same colors as the university she starts this fall. It's a simple design and should be fairly quick to sew. I might even quilt it myself <gasp>. Straight lines and maybe FMQ around the sea critters.

Interesting, it was hard to find the entire fabric line carried by a single retailer, and I checked several. So I substituted the red print and found a grey I liked better from another line. It should look just as good or even better.  If you try this pattern, you will find the PDF pattern varies somewhat from the picture. I like the pictured version better, so have already adjusted my cutting.  The pieces are cut and waiting on me to just sew it.

Are you competitive?  I certainly am. After several weeks of falling to last place in my Fitbit friend list, I decided to finally do something about it.  But I really hate to exercise, in spite of the endorphins that kick in afterwards. I needed something to keep it interesting---and the key was an iPhone app called "The Walk".

OMG - this is a great app!  It cost me only $3 and hooked me from Day 1. Actually, from Episode 1. I totally recommend it.  And I was definitely not compensated for my opinion.  Now I am in first place in my Fitbit stats. I am determined to stay there.

Excerpt from their website www.thewalkgame.com.

A bomb explodes in Inverness station, and you're given a package that could save the world. To stay alive, you'll need to walk the length of the UK.
The Walk is more than just a (great) pedometer — it's a way to turn walking into a journey, a challenge, and a rip-roaring adventure.



1 comment:

  1. That app sounds interesting. I will have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete