Thursday, August 28, 2014

Baby Baby

Remember that Amy Grant song "Baby Baby" that was so popular in the early 90s?

" Baby, baby
I'm taken with the notion
To love you with the sweetest of devotion

Baby, baby
My tender love will flow from
The bluest sky to the deepest ocean

Stop for a minute
Baby I'm so glad you're mine, yeah
You're mine

Baby, baby
The stars are shining for you
And just like me I'm sure that they adore you

Baby, baby
Go walking through the forest
The birds above a' singing you a chorus

Stop for a minute
Baby they're so glad you're mine, oh yeah
And ever since the day you put my heart in motion
Baby I realize that there's just no getting over you

Baby, baby
In any kind of weather
I'm here for you always and forever

Baby, baby
No muscle man could sever
My love for you is true and it will never
Stop for a minute
Baby I'm so glad you're mine "

I'm so glad my baby, my new quilt  Bali Sea Star  is done and mine to keep. This is a pattern from Kim Brackett's book "Scrap Basket Surprise".  Love at first sight!  I bought a couple packets of 2.5" strips of bright batik prints, some brown batik and basic cream neutral fabric from Connecting Threads.  It came out beautifully colorful and cheery, much more so than the Kim's version. The back is a brown and tan batik that was on sale.

Hope you are enjoying the last touch of summer before school kicks into gear. Students in my area began classes this week.  This is my daughter's senior year and I hope she has a fantastic year before beginning her college and adult years. Love ya, baby! (She's the one in the middle)

2 comments:

  1. Senior year, what fun! Love the quilt, really pretty colors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! It's my new dream catcher - brought me sweet dreams last night when I slept under it.

    ReplyDelete