Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Bittersweet Beauty Unveiled

Bittersweet Beauty has been quilted and is ready for binding!  This is one of my favorite quilts because the colors are so rich and the pattern was fun to do as a mystery quilt. The name is not indicative of a feeling about the quilt (I'm not bittersweet about anything!). The mystery quilt instructions suggested using Benartex's Bittersweet fabric line.  Instead, I pulled nearly all the fabric from my own stash. (Thanks, Mom, for augmenting my stash with fabric you found at an estate sale.)


Anyway, the inner border is a dark green so I plan to use dark green for the binding. When it's done, I will post another set of pictures, including the pretty backing. There wasn't quite enough of the backing fabric, so I added an inset of cream and leftover squares from fabrics used on the front. Thanks again to Cindy Carrey of North Star Longarm Services for the lovely quilting.


No comments:

Post a Comment