Sunday, May 6, 2018

Merry Month of May

There are many articles about setting goals, promising that you will accomplish more when striving toward a goal. So very true!  I set a goal this year of finishing at least half of my UFOs. According to my tracking sheet, I am almost halfway to my goal.

This weekend I made great progress finishing a really old UFO.  Around 2014, I had made made several disappearing 4-patch blocks, then put them away to focus on other projects.  This year in February I made enough blocks to create a throw-sized quilt.  This weekend I sewed the blocks and added a couple small borders to create a flimsy. Thank you to my readers for chiming in on how to arrange the blocks. I opted for a standard layout and it looks pretty, if I do say so myself.
The light outer border is a red-on-white print from Joanne's.

Next it was time to make my RSC blocks for May. This month's colors were pink and rose, very merry colors (and that's the tie-in with this blogpost's title).
Here are all the RSC blocks from January through May. I hope the next color is red, but it doesn't really matter because we will eventually work through all the other colors.

No comments:

Post a Comment