Saturday, April 21, 2018

April UFO Update

Hello!  Spring has sprung and it's time for some spring cleaning ....cleaning out more old UFOs.  April has been a productive month in my sewing room. This is what has been accomplished so far in April.

1.  I finished the flimsy for RSC 15!  (Or nearly finished--needs just a little white border and a new picture).  Finally I have a quilt worthy of some custom quilting!
2. RSC 18 "Squared Away" blocks for April are done. Isn't Yellow a happy color?
3. I cut and sewed the blocks for the Autumn Stars pattern from my November 2017 Sew Sampler box. The borders are ready to apply.  This one will not land on my UFO list at all. Whew!
4. Sapphire Stars is a flimsy!  It's going to the longarmer tomorrow.
5. My version of Bonnie Hunter's Grand Illusion will be picked up from the longarmer tomorrow. The binding step will go quickly and that means one more UFO checked out the list.

What's up next?  My quilting goals for 2nd quarter are to sew a quilt for my guild's challenge (a traditional block in a non-traditional way), finish more UFOs, and make a baby quilt for my daughter's friend.

So.....
Which UFO should I work on next?  Please leave a message with your vote.
1. Assemble those red/white disappearing 4-patches into a flimsy.
2. Assemble my old Floribunda blocks (another Bonnie Hunter pattern) and finish up the piano key border. 
3. Free-motion quilt the Little Fox quilt.
4. Work on my En Provence quilt.

On a higher note, the weather looks great for this weekend so I am expecting to fly circles in the sky in my airplane. I hope you are enjoying the beautiful sunshine this weekend, too.

7 comments:

  1. Hi! I enjoy reading your blog. It amazes me how much you get done. I don't think you are alone on that UFO band wagon. I am afraid to count all of mine. I am trying to get one each month to the longarmer. So far so good. I try to only start 2 a year - Bonnie Hunters mystery and my quilting friends mystery. I finished the one in February (started in October 2017) and am still putting Ringo Lake together. I got a Valentine table runner done in January and a quilt started in 2015 ready for the longarmer done 2 weeks ago at a retreat. As I said earlier, you inspire me. Thanks,
    Jayne in Utah

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jayne! I finally 'fessed up and counted all my UFOs then made a plan for finishing as many as possible. Like you, I want to finish at least one UFO a month. But holding yourself to only 2 new projects a year? Yikes! My willpower can't handle that! I like the reward system. Once three UFOs are finished, I can start a new project but must continue to work on the UFO list. ***What is your vote for my next UFO finish?***

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm torn between the red/white flimsy and the Little Fox. You got a few flimsies done, are you on a roll? Or ready to do something else? A78mandel at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! on making such good progress during April. I'm a big fan of the Floribunda pattern and since you said yours is an old UFO, that's my vote. Happy finishing (on whichever project you choose!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will probably go with the order in which I typed my list (subliminal priorities?). But I am excited that Floribunda will be finished in 2018.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on finishing your sampler. It looks great! Definitely worthy of a special quilting finish.

    ReplyDelete