There are at least FIVE mystery quilts in the blogsphere as of right now. I'm almost finished with three UFOs so it must be time to begin some new quilts. Right? That's my rationale.
1. Scrap Dance Two-Step from MyCarolinaHome (big reveal is tomorrow). I only found this recently, so I may take my time and make this later with an old Kaffe Fassett 6-inch roll and verdigris green. The design is traditional, so I think KF fabrics will amp the look to be more modern. Check out Carole's blog! It's filled with decorating tips, recipes, quilting, stamping and beautiful pictures of North Carolina.
2. Sapphire Stars by "Kevin the Quilter". First clue has been published. I have lots of scraps perfect for this quilt. Kevin is such a fun guy and he has been wonderfully encouraging to me as a new blogger.
3. Military A6 by Alicia Quilts. First two clues have been published and I finished them today. Alicia suggested multiple color groups, and I elected to be Dramatic. The design seems to be pretty easy. I picked up a few patriotic fabrics and dipped into my stash for the bright gold.
4. In the 'Hood by EvaPaige Quilt Designs. This one costs a nominal $5 to participate. I checked out the designer's previous quilts and decided to join. First two clues have been published. I am doing this in orange and gray with a light peach background.
5. Magnolia Mystery by Meadow Mist Designs. Fabric requirements and suggested color groups have been published. Previous quilts have a modern vibe. I think I may follow the suggested teal, gold, black and white coloration. I want one of my fabrics to be a magnolia-themed print to pay homage to those gorgeous trees.
Are you participating in any mystery quilts right now?