Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Happy 4th

Hope you are enjoying a glorious Independence Day! Today after doing a few chores, I enjoyed a dip in the swimming pool, then lunch that I didn't have to cook. Like most of the city, it seemed, we stopped by a fireworks store to stock up for tonight. This afternoon it was so hot, I decided to stay inside and make a quick table runner for the holiday.
Carole from My Carolina Home offers this free pattern here. Her star blocks are 12 inches, but I didn't want mine quite so big, so I used 3.5" strips to make 9 inch stars. The end triangles were from a 6.75" square and were a bit too small, so if you make this smaller version I suggest 7.25" square.  The dark blue border was 2.25" (finishes at 1.75") and the red/gray strip border was 1.5" (finishes at 1").  I plan to quilt the light blue square as an echo of the star blocks. The binding will probably be red.

In the spirit of today, I offer my thanks to our soldiers who defend our great country. Thank you for fighting for our freedom!

"Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same."

--Ronald Reagan

No comments:

Post a Comment