My sewing projects continue to progress....The red binding on "Allietare" - almost finished.
A couple of rows are assembled on "Colorado Sunshine".
"Marigold Field" is back from being longarmed and will soon be bound in orange.
I decided to remove blue triangles from "1860's Revival" and replace with large triangles spanning two blocks to cut down on thickness of seams converging. If that doesn't make sense, wait until the fall and I will post a picture.
Then I started a new project (gasp). Okay, it was simply an effort to use up some of the fabric scraps accumulating in a BIG box. And it was an easy, mindless activity. I have a nice pile of these string sections started. They will eventually build up into THIS quilt.
And life would not be complete without some FLYING.My husband and I flew in a historic Ford Tri-Motor. Very cool [and noisy]!
And we played around the air on cooler evenings, practicing takeoffs and landings as all pilots do.
Then I had a nasty bout of Lyme's from an infected tick bite. I have lived here nearly 20 years, working in my garden, hiking through the woods, trimming weeds around our country property and had never had anything like this happen. Luckily I saw a doctor right after the rash appeared. A few weeks of a heavy-duty antibiotic and I am as good as new. You can bet I spray on insect repellent every time I go outside.
And life goes on.....