Thursday, December 18, 2014

2015 UFO List

My word for 2015 is PERSEVERANCE.

I will persevere in reducing my UFO list.  I finished five UFO's in 2014. That's a good start but I think I can beat that record. That means my goal is to finish at least SIX.

My goal in 2014 was to begin a blog.  In 2015, I will persevere in maintaining my blog. Specifically, I want to tackle HTML code to improve how I display picture groups in this blog, and host a linky-party. I also want to share more of the aviation world in my posts. It was a nice surprise how many readers have aviation interests, too. Bonnie Hunter at Quiltville Studio and Connie Kresin at Freemotion by the River inspired me in this goal.


My third goal in 2015 is I will persevere in improving my health with regular exercise and nutritional meals. I want to set an exercise goal (average 30 minutes a day) and incorporate more beans, fish and veggies in my meals. I asked Santa for a FitBit to help me achieve this goal. Andee at Modern Diary, inspired me in this goal.


Take a moment and set your own goals. Share them on your blog or comment on this post. Good luck!

Here is my 2015 UFO List.
 
Ready for Quilting


1. Red Cross (sewn in 2013;  inspiration http://www.okcmqg.com/2013/01/win-red-cross-charity-quilt.html Just a few more blocks to FMQ; already bound

  2. Halloweenie (Connecting Threads 2013 mystery; made bigger with leftover fabric) COMPLETED 11/2015

  3. Sweet Dreams (Quilters Club mystery sewn in 2011) - delivered to longarmer

  4. Cocoa Craze (Mocha Swirl pattern by Kim Brackett sewn in 2014)  COMPLETED

  5. Sly as a Fox (Quiltmaker pattern sewn in June 2014)

6. Country Kitchen Table Runner (Connecting Threads kit sewn late 2014)

7. My Heart (baby quilt began in 1987 for my daughter - intended to hand quilt)

Ready to Assemble

8. 1860s Revival (goose & goslings block with retro zigzag setting; started in 2013) 

Assembling Blocks and/or Borders 


9. Colorado Sunshine (Bonnie Hunter's Floribunda pattern, began in 2012) needs 9 more blocks plus borders

  10. Celtic Solstice - Extra blocks for king size version done!  (began in 2013) King Size assembled with borders; COMPLETED (ok just needs binding)



11. Grand Illusion in progress - changing the checkerboard sashing to a lighter green.


12. Blueberry Hill (Bonnie Hunter's Jamestown Landing) began in 2013. Just a few more blocks to go, then need to decide on striped border (piece or stripe fabric).



13. Pine Trees needs blocks and borders (circa 1990) - instructions are missing, so I will be winging it!

14. Batik Jewelbox needs blocks and borders (began late 2014)

15. Lady of the Lake needs blocks and borders (began in 2014)


16. Queen of Hearts - red/white quilt needs many more blocks (began in 2013)

17. Mother Earth needs borders (began in 2013) - Ready to be longarmed early 2016



  

18. 2012 Craftsy Sampler needs border fix (began in 2012)

  19. Beginnings - needs border fix (circa 1988)

20. Crabapple Trees is a medallion which needs a quilt to nestle in (began 2013). 














New Quilts began in 2015


21.  Rainbow Scrap Quilt 2015 (from superscrappy.blogspot.com)



22. Botany Bay (aka College Quilt) - COMPLETED 8/2015















23. Hamburger Potholders - completed first set 9/2015; second set 11/2015











24. Star Potholders - completed 9/2015











25. Strawberry Fields in teal/red - ready to be delivered to longarmer













26. Orange Crush - began October 2015















27.  Lunch sack - completed 11/2015














28.  Cardinal potholder - completed 11/2015















29. Allietare - Bonnie Hunter's 2015 mystery














Wish List

- Smith Mountain Morning (Bonnie Hunter design) 
- Double Delight (Bonnie Hunter design)
- Kaffe Fassett 6” roll “Fire”; border with shades of teal
- Bright Christmas fabrics for Anita’s Arrowhead blocks
- Texas Tumbleweed (yet another Bonnie Hunter design)
- Moth in the Window (Bonnie Hunter block) in plaids and solids

- Prism by Zen Chic 
- Urban Amish

1 comment:

  1. You have lots of fun projects for this year! I hope we get to be fitbit friends too. It really does help to get one moving, I need all the help I can get! WHOOT WHOOT, way to go!

    ReplyDelete