Thursday, December 12, 2013

Introduction

Hello everyone! One of my goals for 2014 is to begin my own blog, so I decided to create one now and set up the design, like an introduction to the new me. 

So, to introduce myself…. My name is Sandy. I am a private pilot and a quilter, among other things, thus the name of my blog “Sew High”. No, I do not condone recreational drugs, just wanted to celebrate and combine my love for flying with my love for quilting. 

Yep, I am a pilot. That’s a major accomplishment for anyone, but especially for a woman. I learned to fly in Colorado in 1998, then moved to the east coast. As a new mommy I only had time to stare wistfully at the sky. After 14 years of motherhood, I finally had some free time for myself, so I dusted off my logbook, paid for some recurrent training and here I am! I even bought a 1955 Cessna 170B last year and flew my family on a vacation last year. Awesome! 


I also love to quilt. Boy, do I love to quilt! I have more than 20 projects going at the same time. Well, six active sewing projects and a bunch of tops waiting to be quilted. I never sew the same quilt pattern twice, always looking for a new challenge to try. Watch for posts about my ongoing projects and celebrate with me when I finally finish one. 

Thanks for checking out my blog!
Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment