Thursday, December 26, 2013

Here's to the Loot

This is a stock photo of a Cessna 170 (not mine) on a campout. That's what I would truly love to do right now. Fly somewhere warm, camp out under the stars, enjoy the outdoors. Instead I am shivering in the east coast chill, dreaming about flying and trying to focus on work (but not doing it justice today).

Check out what my mother sent me!  Love the quilt design!

One of the gifts I received from my husband this year is the Amelia watch from Abingdon. It's beautiful and has an E6B slide rule built in to the outside dial. I am not exactly proficient with the standard E6B from my private pilot training, so maybe this will give me the incentive to figure it out.  If anyone else has this watch, let me know what you think of it. It is a rather large watch for a woman and quite heavy, so I am not sure I should keep it or use it every day. This picture has a leather strap and mine has a metal strap so maybe that's why it is so heavy. Anyway, it is a REALLY nice gift from my sweet hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment